Fromelles GS Wagon

Horse Transport

Thank you kindly, i was invited to the service to stand in the larch gate, but i delined as my part was stripping it down replacing both sides,tailgate,lockerbox,footboard and some of the crossbars,and refinishing what was left, it was fitted with new wheels and then collected by a colonel ,a major and a corpral of the RLC, I am however very proud to have had my hand in the the service somehow, i have recently purchased another Gs wagon so this will be my 4th one ,its in very bad order but i'll get there after its had a few dozen coats of looking at !

kind regards

Nigel

Any suggestions on the configuration of the harness?

BosunAl

Sorry i dont understand ? the above ! that harness is british army breast harness of the period and fitted as such with no girth belly strap or pad for ease of removal the harness was designed to lift on and off its all quick release and stil in use to today in that exact format by the The Kings Troop Royal Horse Artillery

kind regards

Nigel

Thank you kindly, i was invited to the service to stand in the larch gate, but i delined as my part was stripping it down replacing both sides,tailgate,lockerbox,footboard and some of the crossbars,and refinishing what was left, it was fitted with new wheels and then collected by a colonel ,a major and a corpral of the RLC, I am however very proud to have had my hand in the the service somehow, i have recently purchased another Gs wagon so this will be my 4th one ,its in very bad order but i'll get there after its had a few dozen coats of looking at !

kind regards

Nigel

Even if you didn't sit on the wagon you did your bit by working on it.

Again, well done.

• 3 years later...