Humber Pigs at the Woolwich Arsenal

alan turner (RIP)

I think it is a refreshing change to have pictures of this type posted on an enthusiasts web site for open viewing, as often happens with anything historic these days, some people horde stuff and an unrealistic value is put on them, and it lands up benefitting nobody including themselves.

Chevpol and Andy

Glad you like the images, I have already talked with snapper about avaiabilty and agreed in principal to assist, however I must admit that I have been compiling a book of picturs of both vehicles and Arsenal buildings which were used as backdrops, basically it runs from 1945 to 1994 although there are a few from WW1 days and am currently up to 1984 but have stalled over the last couple of years (a) because of family comitments and bereavments and (b) the lack of interest from the RAWHS itself. The current President of the society is talking about writing one himself so that will take precedence over mine, he served his time in there and I did mine with Nat West.There is still a web site at qq22.net 2nd page, started 8 or 9 years ago by a friend called Paul Brooke, he was verbally warned that he had no right to produce such a site although he was working with/for the current society historian.

Alan just been nosing around qq22.net. A very interesting site & gives an insight into the wide range of activities undertaken.

I enjoyed the EMC section in particular. Also nice to actually see what the Royal Carriage Department looked like having read about its actvities whilst researching wagons. I don't suppose there are any pictures of the department in its heyday?

One omission is that Woolwich used to supply REME with EMERs (Electrical & Mechanical Engineering Regulations) before this role passed to DSDC Llangennach (although even that was closed down last year!). Sorry EMERs are a big thing in my life!