Bedford MW survivors

mcspool

I came across http://miliblog.co.uk, a "sort of on-line museum and database" website run by a certain Mr. Simon Sage, who has been in the HMV scene quite long appararently.

While we have seen many pictures of surviving MW´s on this forum, Mr. Sage provides a nice overview of pictures of Bedford MW´s taken at shows over the years at http://miliblog.co.uk/?cat=44

I hope they are all still around!

Check for other vehicle types too, hundreds of pictures on this site.

- Hanno

Miliblog is growing to be a quite respectable site. The last time I looked there were only a few entries on it. I hope the designer will allow owners or other photographers to submit pictures as well - it could end up being an interesting resource.

Miliblog is growing to be a quite respectable site. The last time I looked there were only a few entries on it. I hope the designer will allow owners or other photographers to submit pictures as well - it could end up being an interesting resource.

I agree, with so many years since WW2 and some vehicles on the show scene for decades, it is interesting to see what some vehicles looked like in the early preservation days or even post-war civvy working days.

H.

• 2 months later...

right i've finally found some pictures of my dads Mw. There are some better ones but i havent come across them yet.

dsu60002.jpg

This is when we first got her anout 1985. The fancy sides had gone from the breakdown body, but the crane was still fitted. The bloke who towed it home said it was like a rocking horse it was that unbalanced. If you look at the drivers side head lamp, the center had been cut in the bridging plate to fit it, so like willow this one also had one headlamp.

dsu60003.jpg

here's the rear body we got for it. It came from the late alan chapmans. From what i rremember most of the original wood was still good.

dsu600.jpg

Here she is next to my dad's ox, this must have been taken about four years ater he first restored it. We found the RAF markings under the paint so put them back on. On the drivers door it i had "crusing speed 30mph" onder the number. It was finished in high gloss, Black wings, chassis, fuel, tanks, everything else was raf blue, this is how my dad remembers them coming out of ruddington so he put back that way and he was never a fan of matt paint, but it got there eventually!!

dsu6001001.jpg

Here it is in about 1996 at the woodvale rally. I'd restored it for him and we used to go in "convoy" with his QL around the shows. It was its first outing since we done it and we won first prize, even my dad's smiling and thats rarer than hens teeth, or maybe it's just bad indigestion. There are some better pictures of it but for the life of me i can't find them, think my dad might be hiding them under his matress. It's only got one blackout lamp fitted the briding plate is over the other but my dad's put his belly in the way!! It's like daylight driving willow compared to his.

Edited by rippo