SA80 Mounts

NigeP

Question

Having been the lucky winner of a pair of SA80 rifle mounts, can anyone give me a clue as to where they are fitted in GS 90 (not a Wooluff)? My CES book is not modern enough to list them and still shows the SLR mounts. I presume they mount off centre between the seats and the fire extinguisher is mounted upright alongside, or is the extinguisher mounted on the centre panel between the seats? I have dexion racking on the bulkhead and it has a cut out on the horizontal, I presume to allow for the mounts.

The last lot I saw had the single mount in front of the passenger which was nice for re-arranging faces :-(.

Nige

9 answers to this question

we had them as you say 1 between seats and other on floor of passenger seat and dash (but dangerous to faces) - both were also fitted between seats with the fire extinguisher mounted on front of passenger seat behind passenger legs

gary

Gary,

Thanks for that info, they're going between the seats offset towards the passenger side. Fire Ext will go between seats as I've a slve socket on the seatbox.

Many thanks

Nige

Hi Nige,

Hope your getting on ok with your Rifle racks! Question... Do you have the grey pads to stick on to your upper rifle securing clips (Protects your head if you have a mishap) ? And stops you picking up 2 x A Jobs on your MEI inspection report lol

If not i will try and find you 2. Private msg me when you get time.

Mark

Ford CMP Bofors Gun Tractor

Ex BSA M20

Hi Nige,

Hope your getting on ok with your Rifle racks! Question... Do you have the grey pads to stick on to your upper rifle securing clips (Protects your head if you have a mishap) ? And stops you picking up 2 x A Jobs on your MEI inspection report lol

If not i will try and find you 2. Private msg me when you get time.

Mark

Ford CMP Bofors Gun Tractor

Ex BSA M20

I have picked up a couple of these pads where do they fit exactly do you have any pics of yours?