Afternoon All

Afternoon all

Richard from deepest Gloucestershire here. I'm new to the forum but could well get addicted. I don't own a vehicle myself (yet!) but used to own a lightweight Landie and a mate has a 101 dual fuel beastie. The reason for joining the forum though is that I'm working on a 1/6th scale CVRT Scorpion / Scimitar build at the moment and would be interested to hear from anyone with a CVRT. I'm still at the plans / research stage so if anyone knows where I can get a decent set of drawings I'd be grateful. Doesn't matter what scale I can re-scale them locally. I've got the Plan pack from the Tank Museum but although it's good on detail it doesn't include much in the way of drawings.

I'm a recent convert to the world of trackheads although I've been building scale model boats for over 30 years, the current boat project is a 1/96 scale HMS Vanguard, the Royal Navy's last battleship which will come in at a tad over nine feet long. She'll also be able to fire full broadsides from all eight main guns. I've decided to try and dry my feet out a bit hence the Scorpion project.

Professionally I've nothing to do with the armed services as many of you guys seem to be so I hope you'll excuse a mere civvy from butting in. I own a small canal boatyard in the city of Bath which keeps my hair grey and bank account empty. It does give me a fine stretch of water to run the models on though!

Looking forward to any chat on Scorpions

All the best

the current boat project is a 1/96 scale HMS Vanguard, the Royal Navy's last battleship which will come in at a tad over nine feet long. She'll also be able to fire full broadsides from all eight main guns.

Welcome Richard. When it's done, there might be a culling job for you and Vanguard on the Amphibians' Pond in the Clubhouse grounds - the mallard numbers are getting up a bit and their poo is creating havoc with the deck paint on the mechanical DUKWs......

I spent many happy hours trolling up and down the K&A in Bath (and beyond) in the '70s, when the canal was derelict but still wet, and an absolute wildlife haven. Of course it had to be restored, but a little bit of the charm went with the return of the boats. Still a wonderful spot though - lucky you!!!

Welcome I m sure that CW will be very interested in talking with you all things nautical , There are a number of others with Armour who may be able to point you in the right direction for more information if they don't already have the answers them selves . As for ownership of something afraid the bug has already bitten you its just a matter of time before you discover a 1:1 scale vehicle you cant do without. Speaking of which working at 1:1 scale is much easier than any other and you can find parts and bits already made in 1:1 no need to reduce them .

Edited by abn deuce

Richard,

I have nothing to do with the services either, but I do have a CVR(T) Sabre that will be at the War & Peace show in a few weeks time. If you wanted to take photos or measure anything that wouldn't be a problem.

Chris

Hello Richard and welcome to the forum.

I'm from a farming and haulage background and knew nothing about military vehicles when I joined the forum. To me; if it had tracks it was a tank :n00b:

I've learned a lot since I've been on here. My main interest is the heavy transport vehicles, but I would love to see some photos of your models, as would many more of us on here. While we can restore 1:1 vehicles, most of us envy the abilities of the ever increasing number of modellers that are joining the forum. All of them have outstanding abilities and a great eye for detail.

Photo's...........hmmmm................please. :) :thumbsup: