Jeep springs

gazzaw

Hi

Has anyone ever had a set of extra leaves (or 1 thick one to add on) made for a set of jeep springs to give them extra weight /load bearing capacity -this is similar to the ones made for the SAS/LRDG jeeps in desert to carry extra jerrican,ammo etc. Or anyone know who could make some?

Regards

Gary

I seem to recollect that around 1945, the number of leaves on MB / GPW was increased back and front to take the extra weight of radio equipment, etc. Had a supplement to the Jeep TM, put not to hand at present. This could answer your question and will be mean that extra long U bolts should be available as well. Try talking to the major jeep part people.

Thanks Richard

If you find it and any info relevant please let me know

Gary,

Just found this in the All American Wonder Jeep book, "adopted heavy type chassis springs, to minimize operating failures, 28th June 1944"

I have a feeling that two leaves were added to rear and one to the front, could be wrong, someon on here will confim one way or another.