Bromley Pageant

Anyone going??. I know some people have commented about the £5 entry fee. Buts its only two miles down the road from me. So it makes it a hell of a lot cheaper attending this show than most others.

I will be there with the Jeep and the Ferret.

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)
Anyone going??. I know some people have commented about the £5 entry fee. Buts its only two miles down the road from me. So it makes it a hell of a lot cheaper attending this show than most others.

I will be there with the Jeep and the Ferret.

Told you before ,not paying to get in,i know why you go ,you got a prize last time.Happily pay a fiver for a one day show as MOP and this one is very large,the range of classic cars is very good .CW.

Told you before ,not paying to get in,i know why you go ,you got a prize last time.Happily pay a fiver for a one day show as MOP and this one is very large,the range of classic cars is very good .CW.
How shallow do you think i am. I never give a t**s about prizes.

Ive never won them in 20 years with the jeep. So hardly going to start worrying now. Like i said. £10 entry fee for two vehicles,and £20 fuel for both still makes it a very cheap show to attend. Well for me anyway.

What are you bringing along mate???

FV432 will be making an appearence as long as everything is okay with the beast. Haven't had it out since Beltring last year.

Not taking the Ward for a number of reasons:

Why put £150 in the fuel tank of the Ward when the FV432 tanks are full and the fuel doesn't cost me anything?

Also - if something were to break on the Ward - it would only give me three weeks to sort the problem before Beltring.

Have a couple of jobs on the Ward to do before it ventures out again anyway.

See you there.

Markheliops

• 2 weeks later...

Well i have to say that yesterday was one of the best pageants i have attended. Due to a glorious day the show was well attended,and lots of people asking questions on the vehicles that were there.

Mark(Heliops) won best vehicle for the second year running with the 432(well done mate:thumbsup:),and it certainly attracted the crowds. Had a great run to the show with the Ferret. CW did point out that at one point i was travelling through penge hi street at about 45mph. It took us longer to get home,as the roads were busier,and at every set of traffic lights we were asked about the Ferret,and people were taking pictures on there camera phones.

HMVF members in attendance were

Myself

CW

PW

Heliops

And a fleeting visit from Metroman. Who asked Mark to get the kettle on,but never returned.

Have to agree with Marks comments above.

The pageant was a great day out - weather was glorious and it certainly attracted the crowds.

A small gathering on the green stuff - Ferrets, Land Rovers, a rather nice RL Wrecker and RL Cargo, few Jeeps, Volvo Command Car to name a few.

I always try to make this event as I have been attending for years - even before the green stuff with the Lotus cars -

Yes I know you pay to exhibit - but a fiver is not going to break the bank.

I met my mate Ky at 0630hrs at the farm - wise to have someone in the top when you have a 60 mile round trip.

Left at 0730hrs and arrived at 0930 hrs - with a 30 min stop it took us 90 minutes - not bad really in an FV432.

Parked up and said my hellos to Mark and Lisa, CW and PW.

After that I didn't really stop - anything Armoured usually interests the crowds and the 432 was no exception. Was at it for the whole day.

Metroman arrived with camera about 10am - said he would get me a coffee - and didn't see him again. Um - enough said young man.

The 432 came away with 1st place in the Best Military cat - a nice glass bowel trophy and £75 prize money.

I discussed the matter of awards with Mark - it's very nice to get something - but there were much better vehicles on display.

However - saying that - I did talk to the judges and their reasoning is that my vehicle was open for the public to "experience", information boards showed what the vehicle was and what it did - Both me and my mate hung around and answered questions and that was why it received 1st place.

Of course it is always worth remembering these local shows are not Military Shows and as such the vehicles on display are not being judged on condition, etc.

Anyway, had to leave sharpish at the end as the organisers were a bit miffed at the track marks on the grass!!!! They were perfectly polite but not chuffed.

All in all a good day and worth going - just one thing - someone bring a kettle next time.

Markheliops

Oh - the 432 only won 2nd place last year and the Ward won 2nd place the year before that. So the first place this year was a ................................ 1st.

Have to agree with Marks comments above.

The pageant was a great day out - weather was glorious and it certainly attracted the crowds.

A small gathering on the green stuff - Ferrets, Land Rovers, a rather nice RL Wrecker and RL Cargo, few Jeeps, Volvo Command Car to name a few.

I always try to make this event as I have been attending for years - even before the green stuff with the Lotus cars -

Yes I know you pay to exhibit - but a fiver is not going to break the bank.

I met my mate Ky at 0630hrs at the farm - wise to have someone in the top when you have a 60 mile round trip.

Left at 0730hrs and arrived at 0930 hrs - with a 30 min stop it took us 90 minutes - not bad really in an FV432.

Parked up and said my hellos to Mark and Lisa, CW and PW.

After that I didn't really stop - anything Armoured usually interests the crowds and the 432 was no exception. Was at it for the whole day.

Metroman arrived with camera about 10am - said he would get me a coffee - and didn't see him again. Um - enough said young man.

The 432 came away with 1st place in the Best Military cat - a nice glass bowel trophy and £75 prize money.

I discussed the matter of awards with Mark - it's very nice to get something - but there were much better vehicles on display.

However - saying that - I did talk to the judges and their reasoning is that my vehicle was open for the public to "experience", information boards showed what the vehicle was and what it did - Both me and my mate hung around and answered questions and that was why it received 1st place.

Of course it is always worth remembering these local shows are not Military Shows and as such the vehicles on display are not being judged on condition, etc.

Anyway, had to leave sharpish at the end as the organisers were a bit miffed at the track marks on the grass!!!! They were perfectly polite but not chuffed.

All in all a good day and worth going - just one thing - someone bring a kettle next time.

Markheliops

Oh - the 432 only won 2nd place last year and the Ward won 2nd place the year before that. So the first place this year was a ................................ 1st.

Mark, With regards to your comment, 'someone bring a kettle next time'.

Shame on you! How come you havent got two BV's (Boiling vessles) on the rack just inside the rear door? :???

They are standard equipment in the c.e.s & probably the most usefull thing you will contiuously use! :cool2:

Mike. :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: (See, Iv'e got MY coffee! :rofl:)

Mark, With regards to your comment, 'someone bring a kettle next time'.

Shame on you! How come you havent got two BV's (Boiling vessles) on the rack just inside the rear door? :???

They are standard equipment in the c.e.s & probably the most usefull thing you will contiuously use! :cool2:

Mike. :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: (See, Iv'e got MY coffee! :rofl:)

I thought the same thing:D:

Oh come on chaps -

No one can accuse me - the "HMVF Official Tea / Coffee Maker - of sliding away from tea making duties!!!

I am always the first one with the kettle on. Ask anyone who visits the Heliops abode during shows.

The thing is - the 432 did come complete with BV and connection leads but as yet - haven't tried them out as I always come complete with electric / gas kettle and associated items.

Must try them out next time though.

The thing is - the 432 did come complete with BV and connection leads but as yet - haven't tried them out as I always come complete with electric / gas kettle and associated items.

Must try them out next time though.

Mark, You will find the BV a VERY usefull tool! You can fill it half full with water, peirce a can lid in TWO places & put inside about 15-20 Minuites away from your destination. Upon arrival, you have a cooked meal & water to make a brew straight away! Bloody Marvellous!!:thumbsup:

(Make sure it Doesnt boil dry though! It will burn the element out!) :nono:

Mike.

Mark, You will find the BV a VERY usefull tool! You can fill it half full with water, peirce a can lid in TWO places & put inside about 15-20 Minuites away from your destination. Upon arrival, you have a cooked meal & water to make a brew straight away! Bloody Marvellous!!:thumbsup:

(Make sure it Doesnt boil dry though! It will burn the element out!) :nono:

Mike.

Certainly is a usefull bit of kit, from memory I think you can get 35 hotdogs in a BV...

Picture014_edited.jpg

Picture011-7.jpg

Picture009-7.jpg

Picture020.jpg

[QUOTE=safariswing;145954]Certainly is a usefull bit of kit, from memory I think you can get 35 hotdogs in a BV...

Yes Lee, But are they Originals' or Reproductions!............

I remember once Driving a 434 on Exercise in Germany.

I put a tin of saussages in the BV with some water, I forgot to pierce the lid! After driving for about half an hour, I heard a quite loud BANG in the back. We stopped & got out to investigate. :shake:

The pressure build up in the BV because it had run dry must have been enourmous. :sweat:

You are familiar with the heavy duty 'throw over' catches to the front being well made & strong?

Well, they held the lid down alright. But, the can had exploded inside & the pressure had driven the Saussages out of the can & FORCED some of them under the seal & outside for about 4 inches in length! :shocked:

It looked for all the world like a hand comming out from inside!

We laughed about it at the time, But it almost didnt stop the ASM of the Workshops from giving me an NMD charge! (Neglect/ misuse Damage Ticket so I would have to pay for it!) It burnt the element out! :nono:

Mike. :rofl: