Lightweight owner info required

Skint George

Hi George

Your local Post Office should be able to provide booklet V100 (Registering and licensing your motor vehicle) on page 30 it gives details of how to get past keeper history, DVLA address etc, there is a nominal charge for this service £5.00.

Hope this helps

Steve

when we got our dodge registered in preston in 1980 we got FBV480W, BV being preston then , hope that helps.........

Hi Willys, been doing a bit of digging on this subject as I remembered BV as Blackburn. From what I can discover the number of registration centres were reduced around 1974 and a lot of reg letter groups were reallocated, in some cases to offices at the other end of the country.

Lancaster is not listed as ever having allocated letters and I assume that Preston covered that area, RN was a Preston reg before and after rationalisation, BV which had been Blackburn and FR and FV which I am sure you know were Blackpool were also reallocated to Preston. There were also Lancashire County registrations which might possibly have been from the Lancaster area, these were TA, TB etc and most but not all were reallocated to Manchester. I knew that some reorganisation had taken place but didn't realise that in some cases reg letters had been reallocated to towns hundreds of miles away from their original locations.

Hi Steve, Degsy and Willyslancs. Thanks for the info.

I hope I get asked about registrations on the next pub quiz I go to!

I will also contact the Heritage Centre for more info.

If I find anything out of benefit to other HMVF members I'll let you know.

Thanks again.

George