Hi from Hertfordshire

hippo

My name is Julian and my partner and I have two Leyland Hippo GS trucks both from 1944, We are currently looking for british MV owners in the home counties to join our small but growing RASC living history group. We are particularly after some 3 tonners.

We will be taking on leyland to normandy at the end of next week, and collecting the second truck from Stroud on Monday.

CNV00013.jpg

n590033886_137539_8164.jpg

hippo2.jpg

!BMu,1(QBWk~$(KGrHgoH-EMEjlLlwLjKBJmEekI)6Q~~_1.jpg

IMAGE_090.jpg

welcome to the funny farm Julian ,seem to be a few of us from Herts turning up now ,will look out for you in Normandy ,will get Kit to point you out

Nigel

Kit has more bike problems, He came with us to collect the other Hippo on Monday. we'll be in the US sector fro the first 2-3 days, then the british/canadian sector.

P.S. Insurance tip for Heavys:- NFU insurance - Fully comp unlimited mileage £92.- any driver over 25 plus one named driver of 20.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to thank Julian for the petrol in Normandy saturday I did not realise how low I was and would not have made it to the gas station so it was a life saver,hope your young lady was not tootraumatised from the pillion ride round the beach and if we meet up again sometime she is more than welcome to take the bike for a spin

Nigel