Brake fluid query.

for the brake fluid one little to put class higher exp dot4 for dot3 but not to make the opposite it is preferable to make a draining of the liquid every 2 years to evacuate l' moisture of the circuit.c' is what make oxidize the cylinders and makes the escapes d' oil freins.cordialement

Dot 4 is mineral, if I remember correctley. Be careful of using synthetic braske fluid in old systems. The rubber don't like it.

I could be wrong on this because I haven't had a lot of dealings with synthetic fluid for many years, but Dot 4 brake fluid has a higher boiling point than Dot 3. Dot 4 was, I think, intended for use in disc brake systems where the temperatures are higher. Normal brake fluid is ethylene glycol based the same as antifreeze, hence the reason it absorbs water and should be changed every two years.

Synthetic fluid isn't hygroscopic and will not absorb water. I think synthetic has a higher boiling point and may be Dot5 spec. If my memory serves me well it is silicone based and should be compatible with all types of rubber. It is necessary to completely drain the braking system before using synthetic as it will not mix with E.G. based brake fluids. This is where problems can arise due to water contaminated E.G. based fluid, remaining in the system causing lowering of boiling point and further corrosion.

I used synthetic in the Daimler I restored. I think I may still have some in my garage if you want to know more. :)

Jus' tryin ta be helpful. :-D