Registering Kraz

What's on the back other than the crane, a flatbed? (most I've seen have a box body...)

What are you intending to use it for?

Have a look at the V112G and see if any of the exemptions fit you - remembering that to claim exemption as an agricultural vehicle or mobile project vehicle it must be registered as that type of vehicle on the V5C! Using the age-related exemption (pre-1960) only allows you to use it unladen - and it's way too heavy to replate as <7.5t.

To be honest it doesn't sound enough of a borderline case to (legally) get away with - and do we really want 20t of Russian steel charging around with no way of knowing if it's roadworthy? (I know I don't in my Lupo! :rofl:) All the best sorting it though.

Stone

2.75m is technically too wide for road use but 432s are wider than that :argh:

432's registered before the regs changed to 2.55m max are O.K.

I think the only chance with the Kraz is to get it registered as Agricultural or Plant equipment but that comes with a lot of restrictions on use.

If the back body was removable and the hiab left on it may pass as a crane and be exempt from width limit to an extent.

Hi Goldfinger

John(Abrs) here from the zil131 forum, I didn't know you bought a Kraz.....You lucky so & so!!, what's she like? Any joy with registering it yet?

Just thinking there must be some exceptions to this new 2.55M maximum width restriction, there are plenty of new or almost new machines about that exceed this width such as; excavators, road rollers, dumpers, cranes, plus various other plant and agricultural vehicles.

Maybe worth investigating as it may mean you could register your Kraz as something like a crane or forestry tractor and avoid this new max width reg.

Regards John.