New Member simonsfotos

simonsfotos

Hi all

First off a quick introduction. My main interest is actually aviation photography, but don't let that put you off! Living in Fleet as I have all my life, with Aldershot only 5 minutes away, Army vehicles have never been far away. I'm of the age where the Centurion was the tank and Land Rovers had their headlights inset and not on the mudguards!

Attending the number of airshows that I do, both as a punter and also in an official photographice capacity, I often come across some of you guys and your vehicles, though I don;t pretend to know a huge amount about them.

So, then what's my reason for joinging HMVF?

Well I'm in the process of building a late '44 1/76 scale diorama. It's not going to be specific to a particular event but merely to portray examples of the vehicles (on the British side only) in a bit of a setting. I already have various Cromwells, Shermans and Churchills and have kits waiting in the wings (can't get away from the flying I'm afraid!)for the Matador & Gun; tank transporter; Jeep with Morris & gun; Monty's Caravan & Dingo. All of those come with the relevant markings.

The two I am having a problem with are the Airfix kits of the Quad & 25 pdr which seems to just have 'generic' markings and the Bofors & Tractor which has markings for North Africa.

Is there anyone out there who can point me to the units (or a unit)that used these. I already have tracked down a place where I can get the sheets of the correct decals and the Forces Of Valour site has an article which shows all the relevant TAC etc markings for the units. So if anyone can give me an example of a unit that used the Quad/25pdr & Morris/Bofors in late '44, I'd be really grateful.

Many thanks

Simon