Saracen help please

RecyMech

Hello Everyone,

Being right on the cusp of releasing our very first 1/24th scale classic British military vehicle kit (Stalwart Mk2, see here in the TQ Section @ http://www.kitformservices.com)

I'm now already looking for assistance with the next project....Saracen.

Does anyone out there have a nice restored Saracen APC Mk1/2/3 maybe (preferably not ambulance or ACP though) that I can crawl over, measure up & photograph to death ?

Somewhere within reach of Boston Lincs would be nice but I'm happy to travel to find & study a good one. The more restored & complete/tidy/original the better.

I've ordered up a User Handbook & already got some other useful books & pamphlets but you can't beat photographing one in the flesh. Any help & assistance much appreciated.

Thanks Howard @ KFS (RecyMech)

PS Worth a look at the 11" long Stalwart kit even if you're not a model maker.

Chris...Brilliant thanks for that.

I take it Ramco is a company in Skeg ?, I'm only 20 minutes from Skeg. Will do a search & see if I can find that one.

Re Andy in Derby...also very handy. Derby is within reach of both myself & my pattern maker who is in Sheffield.

Would you have any further contact details for Andy per-chance ?

Cheers...Howard @ KFS

Many thanks for the links Chris, just sent Andy a message, hope he's up for it.

I found the Ramco website earlier today, but could'nt see a Saracen listed anywhere...is it possibly a gate guard or something ? Or maybe I'm blind & looking in the wrong place ?

Anyway, have sent them an e mail & will have to see if they respond. Shall give them a bell if not....nothing like being a pest !

Cheers again.

Howard.....RecyMech

Many thanks for the links Chris, just sent Andy a message, hope he's up for it.

I found the Ramco website earlier today, but could'nt see a Saracen listed anywhere...is it possibly a gate guard or something ? Or maybe I'm blind & looking in the wrong place ?

Anyway, have sent them an e mail & will have to see if they respond. Shall give them a bell if not....nothing like being a pest !

Cheers again.

Howard.....RecyMech

Yes it's a gate guard.. it's usualy just to the left of the Torpedo, it may be the blob just behind the 4 cars.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=&gl=uk&ie=UTF8&ll=53.122071,0.258611&spn=0.001128,0.003422&t=h&z=19

• 3 months later...

I have a really nice Mk 5 up armoured Saracen if you'd like a look over it. see photo elsewhere on this site under Overlord Show 2009, Simonsphotos.... my reg no. (shown in picture) is 83 BA 78

If you are making a model remember that the late mark uparmoured Saracens are effectively internal security vehicles and not representaive of the period when these vehicles saw widespread army use.

Idealy copy an early mark unless you want to portray a vehicle from this period.