Is this a standard Rover 2A hub?

fv1609

I also seem to remember, a chap did nothing but LR nuts, bolts, etc. If you can find him, he will have them I would expect.

I think this is the chap:-

LR Fasteners - Tony Arnold, 32 Laburnum Park, Bradshaw, BOLTON. BL2 3BU. Tel +44 (0)120 430 2589 Fax +44 (0)120 441 7219

Bought some parts from him a few years back. He has an Aladdins cave in his garage, stuff you probably wouldn't get elsewhere.

Yes thank you both. I don't have a mil IPC earlier than Rover 10 & 11. My civy 2A IPC just has the 2.6 the same as the other hubs.

I did a search for LR Fasteners & he seems to be a well thought of dealer. Although the advice was when you ring, don't mention the internet as he regards it as a waste of time.

I rang Philip. He recognised the problem & knew what I needed. He searched his stock but was unable to come up with anything. He suggested LR Fasteners as probably the only place where I could get what I need.

I rang him, he said he only worked with part numbers as then there was no misunderstanding. It took some explaining that Shorts did not produce a parts book that covered the studs. They produced a user handbook combined with a parts book, but that covered all the items which were generally not Land Rover.

Anyway it turns out that the old stud 217360 superseded by 561590, was not just a renumbering. The earlier stud is about 3mm longer, so this sounds to be what I'm after. So fingers crossed.

The ebay seller I questioned 3 days ago has not bothered to reply.

Yes Norman it is. Once you start realising the scarcity of what you are looking for, to eventually have the said item gives a great deal of satisfaction & relief.

I had got accustomed to the shortage of Humber parts, but had assumed any Rover bit would be a doddle. But neither of these beat the difficulties of trying to get bits for our Tata. We waited 14 months for a wiper motor to come from India, even if it had been sent by rowing boat it should have arrived quicker!

I know what you are getting at. The nuts seems shorter because it appears fatter than it really is, there is quite a shadow under the lower edge of the nut. I took lots of pics but whatever angle I approached it the shadows kept appearing somewhere around the nut.

Also on the double dome nuts the thread stops 1.5mm from end of nut. So the end of the stud is about 1mm inside nut end of the 3 original hubs. What I wanted to avoid was the short stud being too recessed inside the nut & not recognising that it was undoing. Don't want that to happen again!

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)

Ok mate long as your happy,glad you got what you wanted,plus a lot more people know where to get there fixings from.Tell him you will accept them for free,as he has had free advertising all over the world.:-D

Ok mate long as your happy,glad you got what you wanted,plus a lot more people know where to get there fixings from.Tell him you will accept them for free,as he has had free advertising all over the world.:-D

I wouldn't dream of it, it was difficult enough explaining what I wanted. On another forum there was a warning not to mention the internet, which he feels is a waste of time apparently.

The problem was that he only deals with Rover part numbers. I can see the reason for that as it avoids ambiguity. He couldn't seem to accept that I didn't have a part number. He felt that all vehicles of any sort have a parts list & I should obtain one of these & quote from it.

Well Shorts produced a User Handbook/Parts List unfortunately that only covered the non-Rover items. He was unable to measure the stud or confirm the number of turns to the longer thread. He did however reveal the earlier no. 217360 was slightly longer than the replacement stud. I thought the number change was just a number change, you know what Rovers are like!

He was insistent on selling the studs as well although I had some. He felt they would be "worn out", I got the feeling that he might not sell me the studs alone. Given that he could well be the only source in the world, as he has them manufactured specially. I went along with the nuts as well, so I took a gamble & it was ok.