Vehicle Importation & Transport to UK from Europe

snowtracdave

I'm contemplating the purchase of a small to medium sized MV from a dealer in Europe - I'm not that keen on buying from someone that far away from me but I've not found an example of this particular vehicle for sale anywhere else .

Has any fellow member any experience of making a purchase like this & any advice on the potential pitfalls to be aware of ? Do's and Don'ts ?

I think that also , assuming I go through with this , I will need somebody to transport the vehicle back to the UK . Again - do any fellow members have any experience of this / can recommend any reliable / reputable people . Don't really fancy driving half way across Europe with a trailer or lorry transporter .

I may well chicken out but any input would be most welcome and appreciated .

Davie .

Hi Davie,

Know a guy local to me who reguarly brings back jeeps, and occasional dodge vehicles from france,.......he also fetched back a katie from jersey,.so he has means of transporting vehicles,........I guess dependent on size/weight.

Pm me with more details, if you can and I'll try and put you in touch with him, if it helps.

All the best,

Andy