Siren........

Jack

Very few vehicles actually had them fitted,although there is now something of a trend with MV owners for fitting sirens. You would normally only see them on some MP vehicles,Ambulances,armored vehicles and sometimes on Jeeps and Command cars used for ranking officers transport.

As with most things there will be exceptions.

Matt.

let me add my take on this. You will find some Air Force vehicles fitted with them, especially any flight line trucks, crash trucks and of course ambulances. I have one on my CCKW because it garners attention during a parade , especially when the spectators are attractive women in shorts and halter tops. ( dirty old man at work) :lol: :lol: My CCKW was used by the Army Air Force and U.S. Air Force so therfore my excuse as it was still in it's original flight line yellow paint with black hood markings when I found her.

My WWII Ambulance and Chevy Fire trucks have them. The WC-54 has a federal and the 2 fire trucks have Sterling Siren lights.

I believe many were also equipped on tanks. I read somewhere that this was to add as a back up for signaling orders and somewhat to demoralize the enemy.

And then of course there was General Patton..... On his Jeep, Command Car, and Half-Track. He also had air horns mounted on them all.

AD...Are you sure that those cargo CCKW sirens weren't installed to attract the women????? :lol:

At 66 years old my boyish good looks have run off somewhere. You realize how old you are when 50 year old women look like young chicks to you and you feel like you would be robbing the cradle. :lol: Imagine a situation where the driver is old, driving a truck that is almost as old and blowing his sirene at old ladies and smiling at then as if they were high school cheerleaders. Man that is scary. :roll:

At 66 years old my boyish good looks have run off somewhere. You realize how old you are when 50 year old women look like young chicks to you and you feel like you would be robbing the cradle. :lol: Imagine a situation where the driver is old, driving a truck that is almost as old and blowing his sirene at old ladies and smiling at then as if they were high school cheerleaders. Man that is scary. :roll:

Oh - I don't know...... Sounds interesting to me 8)

Always did have a thing for older things - be it vehicles or women!!! (wife mk1 is 7 years ahead of me.....)