An old car for the oldies amongst us.

Lord Burley

I thought some of you may appreciate this.Yesterday was our last gathering for 2008 at the Manor Farm Barn in Southfleet Kent.Amongst the usual exotica at these events,my mate decided to bring along his old V8 Ford Pilot.I was going to bring the Jeep.But it was way to cold.But opted for the Landrover,and Lisa bringing along the Corvette instead.

100_0501-1.jpg

100_0500.jpg

100_0502-1.jpg

This is an original unrestored model.Built in 1951.Which i believe could have been the last year of production.I bet a few of the older ones on here have had one of these?.

Like with all old cars a bit of a job driving it compared to modern stuff.But a sense of occasion all the same.

Edited by Lord Burley

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)

From the first year made 1947.about 36,500 made finished in 1951,Police models were 12 volt.they seem to fetch between 6 and 10 grand.3.6 litre 85 mph.Have got a winkworth bell for one ready for when you buy one.:-D

Edited by catweazle (Banned Member)

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)
Want me to save you some? Things look so much better after having a nip :-D

Gave it up after a session which included some funny fags and rick wakeman playing with yes ,war of the worlds,all those explosions never been so ill in all my life.Like a drop of southern comfort though,dont know what to do with all those bottles the clients gave us for xmas.:-DPat just given me my colesteral pill suttle hint bed time,see ya.cw.