Warning someone else is posting?

fv1609

Is there a mechanism that can be switched on to warn you that, while you are typing a reply that somebody else has already posted an answer? There was this facility on a previous forum.

Sometimes I write a reply & then post it to find someone else has already answered it. So I have to delete my reply as its pointless or if I haven't noticed others will see the double answer & think I have just copied the answer that the person above has given.

Often you see an answer given, but the same answer given by another poster below as well. At first it can appear they are being thick, but looking at the posting time they are often very close together.

My answers often take a time to compose & have to be re-written several times to offset the dyslexia. If the old style warning came up when I was starting to prepare an answer it would save time with preparing an answer that I have to discard.

So is there a button for this in mission control?

Tony & Paul you are very kind, but you don't see the answers that I go to post then think better of! Anyway I'm about to stick my neck out on the Rover ambulance thread & nobody has picked up on my suggestion that the white crosses may actually be yellow crosses on the Antar transporter thread.

Edited by fv1609