1943 12V Willys Battery help?!?

year1jeep

Hi!

I'm sure there is someone on here with an encyclopedic knowledge that can help me out.

My jeep has currently got the biggest,ugliest white plastic battery that is now knackered. It's so big it sits between the front seats!

I'm trying to find the spec (Ah - Cold Cranking etc.) for a new black one, the right size that will fit in its original location.

Can anyone help - and where would you recommend to go?

Thanks!

Gerry

From what I find the measurments for the battery are 9 1/8 " length 7 1/8" width and 9 1/8" height the military battery type would be 1M the closest civilian equivalent would be 19L of course it also says the Willys MA were 6 volt .

the measurements for a G503 MB,GPW would be 10 3/8 length 7 1/8 width and 9 3/8 height military battery type 2H closest civilian equivalent 2 also 6 volt

Edited by abn deuce

Hi!

I'm sure there is someone on here with an encyclopedic knowledge that can help me out.

My jeep has currently got the biggest,ugliest white plastic battery that is now knackered. It's so big it sits between the front seats!

I'm trying to find the spec (Ah - Cold Cranking etc.) for a new black one, the right size that will fit in its original location.

Thanks!

Gerry

Try a pm to Miss Jeep of the forum as i know her husband has just brought a fairly accurate battery for his jeep from somewhere.

Ashley

Hi!

Thanks!

Gerry

The battery between the front seats is an original field mod for radio jeeps my ford is the same, it should have a steal boxed cover over it. I have the original field mod document if you are interested

Tony