Fed. for sale in france, still looking Jack?

Rick W

I reckon that when Jack asked them to send him a pic of the Federal "wreck", they thought he meant the Federal "wrecker" :-D:-D:-D

I believe it is a C2 type, and I'm fairly certain the crane is different, Stormin.

Anyone seriously interested should pm me.

I reckon that when Jack asked them to send him a pic of the Federal "wreck", they thought he meant the Federal "wrecker" :-D:-D:-D

I believe it is a C2 type, and I'm fairly certain the crane is different, Stormin.

Anyone seriously interested should pm me.

Yep whilst looking at pictures of a full truck looks like the boom on the C2 is telescopic but fixed on Ward La France. Rest of the crane is definately the same though.

Federal wreckers were used by USAAF, remember the discussion on here about the one which Duxford slung out of the American hangar and which went abroad?

Stormin thinks the gear (apart from longer extending jib) is as per WLF M1A1. Certainly looks that way.

Federal C2.jpg

Federal C2 02.jpg

Federal C2 01.jpg

If I had the skill - I would seriously get myself into trouble.

Jack,

You seem to have the skill of avoiding too big a project so far.

Those with less experience would have jumped in and given themselves a lifetimes work or a project they hadn't a hope of finishing. Hope I don't fall into that latter category.