Pig

saracenstump

What history have you got? Then I'll see if I've got anything else, unless the history from previous owner came from me. Judging by the Gen Panel it now has a 2-speed dynamo, originally it would have had a single speed as it was an APC rather than a FFW.

I notice it had EARP fitted once, the scuttle armour is missing & was once a flyer. I wonder what the body serial plate reads ROF/xxx or S/xxx - trying to track makers with the ERMs.

hi clive,got a copy of the history cards but they start from 1972 but the DIS is 1954,the armour plates inside have been removed for getting to the wiring and painting by some of its previous owners but i still have them.what are EARP? a bit thick sometimes.heres a photo of one of the data plates

photos029.jpg

Edited by saracenstump

Bit difficult to read the plate. But can make out ROFN2??. Not a Sankey one but made by Royal Ordnance Factories Nottingham.

Chassis No. 21741

Entered service 9/3/54 as a FV1601 Truck

Date of manufacture is given a 9/3/54

Engine No. 7432

Converted to pig between 1958-60 ie FV1611

Struck off OSDD Ruddington 19/8/70

Sold 18/11/70 Sale No. 108 Lot No. 1181 for £110

Recovered circa 1972 to be made into Mk 2

Struck off to Birds Commercial Metals 5/12/94

EARP = Equipment Anti Riot Projector, you can see the lower part in the passengers window frame, above it would be two clamping knobs. These mountings were later used for conversion to Pig Squirt.

Interesting to see that the Generator Panel is in the cab still. The usual procedure was on uparmouring to move it from behind the scuttle armour & mount it in the engine bay at the front on the near side.

Edited by fv1620