Curragh Military Vehicle Show 6th and 7thMay

Degsy

• 2 weeks later...

Just a small point, we have got very good Ferry Rates for anyone travelling to the Curragh and good rates in local Hotels and B&Bs but can not confirm the petrol money sit just yet. We are very hopefull that we will get grant and sponsorship money which will put us in a much better position. Will put info up here as soon as we have it. Can contact Robin at 00353 872589013 or Willie at 00353 868142446 for more details or Philip re Ferry Booking at 00353 2372033. Site at http://www.mvci.org also has more info. Willie

• 2 months later...

Hi again, Ferry Rates of up to 40% off Stena Line from Holyhead and up to 50% off Norfolk Line out of Liverpool for Military Vehicles, Will be able to help with Petrol Costs. Providing lunch and BBQ on sat, burger and chips on sun. No charge to display or camp. Contact Philip at 00353 872372033 for ferry details.

Other Events we are supporting this year:

MMVRG Duncannon Military Show in Wexford on 3,4,5 June

Mosney Vintage Show--Mid June

MVCI Grey Point Military Show near Belfast on 1,2 July

Terinure Vintage Show in Dublin,mid July

Ballymena Steam Rally--supporting UMVC--mid July

UMVC Portstewart Military Vehicle Show--5th, 6th, 7th Aug

Rathbeggan 4 wheel Event--west of Dublin on 12,13 Aug

UMVC Ballcarry Fete on 2nd Sept

Kilbeggan American car Club Show Mid Sept

Ryder Cup opening parade in Naas, Co Kildare 16th or 17th Sept

ILV Limerick Military Vehicle Show 23rd, 24th Sept

Possible a joint indoor MVCI/UMVC Event in Mid Oct

Have a safe and enjoyable season, wherever you are.

• 4 weeks later...

It doesn`t seem to have been obvious to the people who went to the Show. There must have been 15,000 or 20,000 there, it was mobbed. I understand your Group was invited to go to the Curragh and publicise the Rathbeggan Event, bit hard to grasp whyyour Group have to travel 300 miles to show the vehicles to an English audience, yet won`t travel 3 miles to do the same to a local audience.

They say, they are supporting Rathbeggan, something not right there lads. Whats the story, are they going or not? Some lads were telling me the Ulster Club was not invited to Rathbeggan, whats the story there?

I can explain if you wish, however it's very annoying for me personally as I organised the first Curragh Show with two other people, only to be told I did nothing and was not wanted in the club I was also instrumental in restarting.

Probably well worth telling and discussing in an open forum.

They will not be attending the rathbeggan Show, They made 6 approaches to try to have us stopped from running our own Show.

They even posted on this site that they were running our Show.

We do 11 shows over here a year and more.

We travel

We are the largest group in Ireland,36+ vehicles

You can read the complete story at

http://protacpx.proboards36.com/index.cgi?board=mvgi&action=display&thread=1126898199

I can explain if you wish, however it's very annoying for me personally as I organised the first Curragh Show with two other people, only to be told I did nothing and was not wanted in the club I was also instrumental in restarting.

Probably well worth telling and discussing in an open forum.

<snipped>

You can read the complete story at

http://protacpx.proboards36.com/index.cgi?board=mvgi&action=display&thread=1126898199

Last bit makes for sad reading :cry: :cry:

Can never understand what makes people act like that.....

The MVCI have never claimed to be running the Rathbeggan Show. They have said from the start that they will support the Club Land Rover Ireland Show because its one of their members local show. They have not tried to take it over as you stated and have no intention of doing so, they have enough to be doing. Your Club Secretary sent an invitation to the MVCI and she received a reply stating that the MVCI would be supporting the Land Rover Clubs Rathbeggan Show, the reply to your Secretary also included an invitation to your Club to display your vehicles at the Curragh and to use the opertunity to push the Land Rover Clubs Rathbeggan Show. Do you not want locals to go to the Rathbeggan Show?

Hi there,

I'm a civvy but love Military Vehicles (its a macho thing!). I was at the Toys for Boys show in the RDS where there was a military show.

There was a chieftain tank and some smaller tanks there (don't know what they were :oops: ) Whose vehicles were these?

I was at the show in the Curragh too at the weekend and to be honest was dissappointed that those vehicles weren't there, I had planned on asking what those other tanks were!

There was quite a few people at the show though, but I'm not sure I'd attend again as there wasn't a great deal of different things to look at.

Hope I haven't upset anyone, just my 2 cents.

Jack this could make for a very interesting topic.

Any chance you would oversee an open and frank discussion.

I believe this person Capital and the mvci member that is mentioned in my story is one and the same.

And I love the way he keeps refering to our Show as the Landrover Show or The 4x4 event, refusing to admitt its a military show as well,shows a certain mind set.

PS you know he laid claim to our show as I had to ask you to moderate his position this matter.The two Dave's that are running the show with us arn't making up stories about the phone calls and emails they received.OH and that text message I kept stating that a major part of his Club is boycotting our Show is made up as well?

Jack this could make for a very interesting topic.

Any chance you would oversee an open and frank discussion.

I believe this person Capital and the mvci member that is mentioned in my story is one and the same.

And I love the way he keeps refering to our Show as the Landrover Show or The 4x4 event, refusing to admitt its a military show as well,shows a certain mind set.

PS you know he laid claim to our show as I had to ask you to moderate his position this matter.The two Dave's that are running the show with us arn't making up stories about the phone calls and emails they received.OH and that text message I kept stating that a major part of his Club is boycotting our Show is made up as well?

Ok chaps, I can see that there is some history here and maybe some unfinished business that needs to be addressed but I not convinced that an open forum is the appropriate place for it. This is a discussion forum and so by its very nature there will be topics that not everyone is comfortable with but is strong enough to warrant public viewing, however I feel this could be concluded behind closed doors as I don’t see a win win situation here, however, if you would like me to arbitrate between you guys than I more than happy to do so.

Kind regards.

Jack

ADMIN

Thank you, that is the answer I hoped for.

We need this to be resolved and nobody over here seems willing to oversee the process.

Good for you Protacman, just let me know if I can be if help to the both of you. Lets get this sorted.

Jack.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

So the other shower cannot and will not leave us alone

Most recent happenings

We discovered that an agent of a committee member of their Club registered our Club name in the Companies office.WHY?

Another committee member was ringing our club members asking them to attend St Patricks parade with his club. (we had 12 vehicles in the parade, they had 4)

Then a vehicle adorned with their Banners tried to break into our Column. That bird didn't fly >>>>

lads

Just had an another interesting phone call from the other club

Complaining about my recent posts

My reply is, stop doing these things and i'll stop reporting them.Because you will not do anything to police your own people.

Fair enough

Gentlemen: Is this forum the best place for your exchanges? Obviously there are aspects to it that are particular to the relationship between your respective organisations and third party readers of this forum are not ideally placed to offer valid opinion or counsel. The forum is essentially neutral ground and fully inclusive but always within the rules of membership agreed to by everyone during registration. Please keep this in mind at all times. It IS interesting for us neutrals to understand how situations arise and right of reply to any comment is always to be encouraged. No forum can be entirely devoid of politics as we have all seen recently; but we do need to maintain a level of decorum.

You know what I like about this site.

I always think the moderators are fair

You can keep people informed and put pressure on others to change, when you can't do it over here.

or so we thought.......However

Due to the recent actions of members of the mvci a meeting was called by a well respected member of the Irish re-enacting community.

All clubs present were given a chance to speak.

Most told tales of woe about dealing with certain people in the mvci.

A resolution has been passed and signed up to by 13 Clubs and groups blackballing the mvci until they correct their ways.

Again this meeting was NOT called by our group

But we are pleased to support the joint resolution's made at it.

A more comprehensive account is on " livinghistory.ie "