Operation Bolero's Dispatch Rider's Very Special Mission!

M5Clive

It was with great honor that I was asked to perform the duties of Best Man at universally well-liked and respected Military Vehicle collector - Ed Abbott's wedding on Saturday 30th August 2008 on the Essex/Suffolk border. Both Ed and his new bride Christine had decided upon a 1940's theme to tie the knot.

DSC_0068.jpg

Dick Barton 'Special Agent' apprehends yet another Over Paid and Over Sexed GI from grappling with local ladies in Harwich!

DSC_0004.jpg

My 1941 Chrysler (seriously in danger of being the most photographer Staff Car in Western Europe during 2008) performed the duties of the Brides transportation to the Church and back. I have to say, the prep-team at Abbott Racing got the old girl looking better than I have ever managed to achieve!

DSC_0092.jpg

The happy couple prepare to depart the church after the biodegradable confettie had been thrown!

DSC_0183.jpg

Ed's trusty Matchless Motorcycle - As seen in action at Gathering of Eagles, Operation Bolero and Route to Victory, takes centre stage amongst the 1940's wedding party.

_DSC0630.jpg

Maurice Hammond turned-up for the reception bang on time (as always) - certainly rounding off the 1940's theme in magnificent style!

DSC_0280.jpg

The Happy Couple (along with countless astonished guests) admire the surprise aerial display by Maurice in one of his superb P-51 D restorations - Janie.

DSC_0265.jpg

"How much did you say the P-51 Mustang display cost?" - And I hadn't even given him permission to borrow my aircraft for the evening! The Best Man changes into something slightly less cumbersome for the evening sing-along!

All in all a truly unforgettable day, organised by Ed in his typical manner of perfection and leaving absolutely nothing to chance - Even the weather (not forgetting the brakes on the Chrysler!)

I suddenly thought - I better include a then and now photograph -

A bit like in the 'After the Battle' Magazine - sort of before and after.

All the above pictures are the 'After' shots and below is the 'Before' shot.

DSC_0318.jpg

Yes you've guessed it - 'Before he was married' - Notice how marriage changes your dress style?

Edited by M5Clive

Crackin, photos from Clives box brownie....which sums up the wedding perfectly !!

It rained on Bolero, and on Route to Victory....what chance on our wedding day ??

No chance ! a minor miracle in between all the rain in August.

Thanks Clive for some great photos...the "offical photographer " is still developing his ...yes to be authentic it was all done on film !!

What do you mean normal? I could seriously take offense - or a gate!

What about this nice little number...........

IMG_3252-1.jpg

Or this.................

Clive000.jpg

The trouble is in our house is that you go to wear something and find someone else has already bleeding taken it!

DSC_0358.jpg

Ike (assisted by Eleanor) dresses for the cooler weather - September 2008!