help no speedo

David Ives

can anyone help me:idea:

i have replaced speedo cable and spigot in the gearbox of my 109 landrover and still cannot get the speedo working:argh:

when the cable is conected to the head and put a drill on cable i get a reading but when conected up to gearbox nothing

does anyone have a idea please

and please no coments that you dont need a spedo in a landy as not going fast enougth:cool2:

They are a B888er. Have you got the right fiting on the speedo head end? that perculiar clip effort, that breaks most of the time. Get the head out of the dash and make sure the inner cable has gone right into the drive way. The inner cable slips about and it dont work. No kinks. Same at gear box end. Before you put the end in the gear box push the inner cable in to make sure it has engaged. Spin it by hand till you feel it lock. It is easier to fit inner cable to box then slide outer to fit. The u shaped bracket on the gearbox end can also jam the cable by twisting the inner.

Edited by Tony B

can anyone help me:idea:

i have replaced speedo cable and spigot in the gearbox of my 109 landrover and still cannot get the speedo working:argh:

when the cable is conected to the head and put a drill on cable i get a reading but when conected up to gearbox nothing

does anyone have a idea please

and please no coments that you dont need a spedo in a landy as not going fast enougth:cool2:

Did it work before? If not it might be the drive in the gearbox is slipping. If the old memory is correct its only held inplace by the drive flange on the output shaft of the gearbox the nut may not be tight enough