MV's at Cark steam gathering 27-07-08

Just a few photo's of Military vehicles seen at Cark steam gathering near Cartmel, Cumbria this weekend.

The Crossley Breakdown Gantry is, I am sure, the one that laid in a wood in Kent for years, I saw it there about 30 years ago, then a few years later restored on the HCVS London to Brighton run. The gantry metalwork was missing from it at that time, nice to see a rare vehicle like that.

Richard

The Crossley Breakdown Gantry is, I am sure, the one that laid in a wood in Kent for years, I saw it there about 30 years ago, then a few years later restored on the HCVS London to Brighton run. The gantry metalwork was missing from it at that time, nice to see a rare vehicle like that.

Richard

I was pleased to see such a rare vehicle as well. Originally it would have been built locally to me in Manchester. In fact the Crossley motors site became Rolls Royce marine engines were my partner worked until recently.

Here's a few more pictures.

DSC00393.jpg

DSC00395.jpg

DSC00394.jpg

Excellent show by the looks of it ! One for next year I think ! I think the red Pioneer is the one filmed being restored on youtube ! Would you mind if I put some of your pics into the relevent galleries on the recovery vehicles and transporters thread please mate ! Andy F :-D

Excellent show by the looks of it ! One for next year I think ! I think the red Pioneer is the one filmed being restored on youtube ! Would you mind if I put some of your pics into the relevent galleries on the recovery vehicles and transporters thread please mate ! Andy F :-D

Go ahead Andy. I was thinking whether to post them there myself.

Norman

I was there too it was F-hot... had a lovely few hours trawling through the autojumble, admiring the vehicles and getting frazzled!!!

Did you get any pictures of the old unrestored wrecker... think its a Guy Ant. It goes every year and is utterly brilliant!!