Scottish Military Show, Alford Aberdeenshire

This is the stuff from the Scottish Military Vehicle Group website:-

24th August, MVT Military Vehicle Weekend at the Grampian Transport Museum, Alford, Celebrating 40 years of the Military Vehicle Trust. Static Military vehicle and living history displays. Arrival for exhibitors /camping from Friday afternoon. Free entry to the public on Sunday. Further details to follow. Send your entry forms to Al Smith. Tel 01307 467215 for further Info.

Sounds low key, but it was absolutely brilliant last year, well presented and a very good turn out, relaxed atmosphere and very much the emphasis on enjoying the vehicles etc with the public day on the Sunday.

If you are anywhere within reach of this, get yourself along to it!

• 4 weeks later...

This was a really good show last year, I am planning to go with the Scammell on Saturday before heading for Dorset on Sunday.

I was over at the museum on Tuesday and took a couple of photos to stick on here. The Saracen is a new addition and hopefully will be running for the show.

The Scorpion will not be running due to lacking an engine.

img1094ti2.jpg

img1095gb1.jpg

Hello Croc are you going to the Great Dorset Steam Fair and may I dare ask if you are driving down in a fantastic old , rather slow vehicle origionally from the Watford area ? I am going for one of the days so hopefully we can have a chat and a beer if you are ! Safe journey mate , Andy ! :-D