Military Odyssey, Detling, Kent

You should of received notification either way by now:confused:

Yeah: that's what I was thinking.

Regarding late entries for a show: I know from experience that organisers want names and numbers up-front as soon as possible. This helps to sort-out other stuff, but when people have contacted me the week before a show to ask if they can attend I've always said yes. The more the merrier is what I think.

We tried to book for a show at the weekend and they turned us away saying it's too late, Military Mayhem would not do that as we could always find space, as I am sure BB would as well, yes it is nice to know who is coming but not everyone knows what they are doing in advance and make last minute decisions.

From the F80 and CWP points of view, and from what we've heard about MO and W&P last year, they're both in similar states of disarray.

Allegedly, last year, several groups pre-booked spaces weren't, and it was a complete free-for-all in finding a proper space for Living History displays (there's confusion as to which event this was at, sorry about that), resulting in all manner of anger mismanagement.

That was the lack of icing on the cake as far as we were concerned: We already knew that we weren't going to W&P, as two years back F80 were stuffed right in the middle of the WW2 American area, not the British area. As a result, no-one could find the stand easily.

In addition, apparently the booking fees MO now charge are taking the bodily fluids writ large; from the CWP point of view, we understand that such fees may be necessary, but for amateur self-funded groups like re-enacting groups, there's a not-too fine line between reasonable fees and outrageous fees - especially in these financially hardening times: MO have allegedly crossed that line - word of mouth had it that MO were asking over £25 per attending member from Living History Groups wishing to book a space. I've not checked that, but it certainly rings true. To be fair, W&P were, when we last checked, free to pre-booked LH Groups. Never the less, the problematical organisation of those events means we won't be attending them anyhow.

We've therefore transferred our interest to the BB in Essex instead. It's miles better organised, too, and we (CWP) help in the running anyhow, so there's another bit of vested interest ;)

Edited by Redcap