Found in the UK

Great photos. The Thornycroft bearing cap is an unusual design. A lot flatter in shape and with the concaved ring also. This is quiet different to the versions of caps I've seen.

Tim, was there a chassis number on the dumb irons?

have you seen the pattern of bearing cap before?

Tyres look OK

Doug

I am not sure what type it is. Maybe a postwar W type, but there were so many different versions it could be anything. I didnt see the chassis, and the chassis number was not found. Tyres do look quite good, but i suspect much like all of these chassis, the rot has got into the tyre rim at the bottom and caused the rubber to fall away, making it useless.

Tim (too)

Oh, haven't twigged what the chassis with green wheels is yet. Drilled front cross member makes me think of Leyland, Locomobile & Morris Commercial, but discounted all of them. I'll probably kick myself when you tell me.

I was hoping that you might know. It does look a bit Leyland like, but I dont think it is. Another one for the "to be identified pile" i think.

Tim (too)

Just a brief glance at the chassis photo as I'm on my way to the AGM of the Khaki Vehicle Enthusiasts. The group which runs the Corowa

get-together in March each year.

Only one I can identify is the mid 20's ALBION front-end and wheels. I'll chech the others next week.

Regards Rick.

Yes, all those chassis come from various locations to save them from the scrapman. Not sure what will be done with them because as you can see there is quite a lot missing. Saying that one chassis there (i think the top front one - but Steve may correct me) is from an AEC Y Type and has been reunited with all component parts and is being restored as a WW1 GS lorry. Should see that one out and about soon (fingers crossed).

There is a bit of mix there, and Rick might be right about the Albion, i will have to check. Certainly looks like Albion wheels.

The unusual truck is of French origin and unless you have been previously told you will never guess what it is. It is in fact pre WW1, 1908 (i think) and the radiator is a modern addition (probably about 1920's). It used to have a water tank which you would have to regularly top up as it would just boil away. There was no intention to cool the water, you just had to keep putting in more. It does have a WW1 Nash Quad engine in it though.

Tim (too)

• 2 years later...

Tim,

Did you work out what chassis Timken axle is supporting? In 1930 the Automotive Products Company was promoting Timken axles and boasted: As used on Atterbury, Clydesdale, Columbia, Stewart, Day Elder, Essex, Federal, Palladium, Vinot, Garford, GMC, Hudson, Trafford, Wallace, Jordan, Moon, Rainier, Seabrook, Republic, Selden, Traffic, Denby.

I hope that helps!

• 9 months later...

In the first photo it looks like a complete body of a leyland lion bus! Do you have any more information? Also what buses arethe ones in the second! I dont think i have seen photos of them before!

Anyway, here are some more to identify. Tricky ones this time:

DSCN0036.jpg

DSCN0029.jpg

Tim (too)

In the first photo it looks like a complete body of a leyland lion bus! Do you have any more information? Also what buses arethe ones in the second! I dont think i have seen photos of them before!

Anyway, here are some more to identify. Tricky ones this time:

DSCN0036.jpg

DSCN0029.jpg

Tim (too)

Where's the last one, Tim? Those busses in the background look nice. I trust most of these chassis shown have been saved?

The bus in the far background is an LGOC K-Type from the early 20s and has done the Brighton run many a time. It has been in the current ownership for longer than the LGOC had it and the time it spent as a caravan combined! The one closer is an LGOC B-Type which should be out in the next two or three years. Still plenty to do on that one.

Steve