Generator

25 pounder

I recently saved an old -wartime- generator from the scrap yard ,

It does need some refurbishing , but the unit looks lovely original , no modifications made on it at all .

It has a Ford 4 cilinder petrol engine on it , made on an undercarriage of "SHEFFIELD STEEL COMPANY"

, all switches ,sockets ,instruments are present as are the "RAF" id plates.

As we do live near to 2 former airfields , Ursel and Maldegem , both used by RAF and RCAF , it seems logic to me that the generator saw active service over here during the wartime period , and perhaps more years after the war.

It's amazing , what items there still can be discovered , only by coincidence, the owner knew about my intrest for "military junk" (his words !!) , otherwise it would have been recycled , and I just couldn't let it happen to this nice piece of history.

Your a Good man !!! Yes it should be saved and perhaps even given a little workout every now and then , engines hate to just sit and need to be started to keep the seals in shape , the carburator flushed of stale fuel , a fuel stabilizier is a must and a top grade of antifreeze to halt any corrosion .