Can anybody name this car?

NEWCOMER

Hope I'm posting in the right place for off topic kinda stuff. Here is a photo that has been handed down to me believed to be my great grandfather. I've had it cleaned up a bit so some detail may have been lost, (notably the headlights on the mudguards).

Believed to be the first Post Office van in Bridgnorth, Shropshire, can anybody help out with make of vehicle, possible circa year photo was taken.

Many thanks

AL

FT0069.jpg

FT0070.jpg

Edited by NEWCOMER

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)

1919_Bean_Light_Van_small.jpg

1919 Bean light van made in Dudley/tipton hope this helps,front very similer to snub nose morris.

800px-Bean14hp.jpg Edited by catweazle (Banned Member)
add txt not sure no rad cap.

I am sure it is a Morris, one thing that they supplied the GPO with vans from the early days and the other is by comparing the radiators of the Morris in the link I posted and the Beans...........oh and your photo. The matrix aperture of the radiator shell has straight sides and a flatish top, whereas the Bean aperture tapers towards the top and is curved at the top.

Choices are,Brighton.Burseldon to work on Gee or Gosport to get Horatia ready for lift out on tuesday.Worked on champ all day today ,i am sick of NOS Wheel cylinders and brake master lasting 18 months.and replacement rubbers just as bad.I guess it will be the boats but i really could do with relaxing,the weather will probably decide.one of our champs won best in class last year.I expect you will be there.

Well you know you have open invitation to gosport Sub museum,explosion museum plenty to see down there.we all need a day without grease under our nails.:-D

:readbook: Consulted with my Morris bible and found a couple of photo's in similar pose for comparison and I'd agree it is a mid to late 1920's Morris 8cwt van .

Would you be able to scan and post pictures? I would be very grateful?

Hopefully I've got one - this is reproduced from Morris Commercials : the first years . Published in 1983 by the Morris Register

Many thanks for this, this is great, no disputing the make:

Sorry to drag this on further but would anybody know how I would go about tracing more information on the registration (YU 9681) Or if indeed information would be available?

I was hoping I might be able to find year of registration.Who it was registered to if indeed it was the first postoffice van in Bridgnorth etc...

Morris 8 cwt van.jpg