Lothreign, then and now

Yep, good old May 9th. Unfortuantley can't be there, but planning for 2010. There is a phot I'm desperatley trying to find of a Tobruck position at Corbiere, I've got the current photos last time I was over. Try to get to the Jersey Archive in St Helier.

whereabouts at corbiere is the tobruk Tony?near the m19 oor down the road by the 10.5 casemate or over the other side of the road or up towards the observation tower as I will ask at the m19 when I visit and if the photo has been published I may have it

Nigel

Yep! A pair of Swingfire sights off a FV432. Stores were clearing out and 'What are you doing with those?' . To the reply what the ****** do you want those for? A series of letters from CIOS to site director and one man's scrap, anothers treasure. :-D There are also several articals that came from the house clearance when Mum died in there. So you see why I have a fondness for the place?

so thats 100 points to me then Tony ,just goes to show this hobby is green in more ways than one and nice to be able to go somewhere and be reminded of a loved one as well.

Did you help staff the bunker at one time as it could have been you that gave me the answer in the first place,although I get the feeling it was Martin Garnier.