Run your MV on chip oil

Great War truck

Question

Take a look at this item on E bay 280215723620

Does it really work and is it a good idea? With fuel prices going the way they are we might all all buy multifuel engined trucks and smell like chip shops.

I guess a multi fuel REO would not have a problem with this, but something a bit more delicate I would be cautious about.

Not too sure what price chip oil is, but new stuff is probably more expensive than diesel?

Any thoughts?

Tim (too)

3 answers to this question

i wouldnt run anything on it ,drove a skip lorry on biofuel for a while nothing but breakdowns and forever changing diesel filters,more trouble than its worth, the smell from exhaust made you feel hungry all the time too ,,,,,,,,?:nono: :coffee:

If you want to know about bio-fuel, then Im your man. Ive researched it, considered selling it, thought about running it, looked at commercial kit and home-grown kits. A lot of it depends on how old your vehicle is and what fuel system you run. Its more critical with modern vehicles than older ones. I wouldnt run a Landrover TD5 on Biofuel because of the hi-pressure fuel system and the fuel filters are extremely fine and expensive to replace. A Peugeot 106, 10 years old say, runs fine on it, with a regular filter change. Will post links up to some informative sites tomorrow.