The Armoured Car's Family Tree

N.O.S.

Just found another reference to this vehicle with further views, on a nice little site -

Tony,

That link is not working, but correct me if I am wrong, but I think the vehicle is possibly a Wolseley, powered by a Daimler engine, with a Maxim machine gun. The gent riding is probably Frederick Simms, who ran the Daimler business in England.

Richard

Richard - I believe it's a De Dion / Bouton petrol powered machine, adapted by Simms and called the Simms Quadricycle.

Rick - I'll raise you a Davidson - Duryea 3 wheeler, same year but later.....

I've scrounged this pic from a great little book - The Illustrated History of Military Vehicles by Hogg and Weeks, 2004, found some years ago in a discount bookshop. Might still be available?

Richard - I believe it's a De Dion / Bouton petrol powered machine, adapted by Simms and called the Simms Quadricycle.

Just found that same photo in a 1947 RAC book, not much more other than it is a Maxim gun and it is Mr. F. Simms with it. I knew he had a link with Wolesley, but this might have been later.