Frostbite run

Just got home from the frostbite run- which lived up to it's name!

We went in a convoy from our yard, which consisted of 2 half tracks and Mikes Ward LaFrance (which we finished nailing together last night).

It sure was cold travelling in the back of an open top half half track, although some of the frosty Surrey scenery was stunning. Most of us were wrapped up warm, apart from Karl Joynes who wore casual attire with neither hat nor gloves. Mind, he is a hardened year-round Pinky driver, so todays chilly climate was "nothing" to him....

The Ward was the largest truck on the run, and the only other heavy was a 2.5 ton Rio with a quad 50 in the back. Armour was represented by the 2 half tracks, a ferret (which i think broke down on the run) and a Dingo. There were many many jeeps, a couple of Dodges and Dodge variants and a smattering of Land Rovers.

After the fine carvery lunch, I had the pleasure of driving one of the half tracks home. I am still vibrating!

I might add that the start was at the Grasshopper pub, and at the lunch, I consumed Grasshopper beer (silver award winner). A fine day for Grasshopper.

Mrs Grasshopper came along and had very cold feet for the whole day. She thinks, quite rightly, that we are all mad. :banana:

Ah well the joys of new years eve. Dorien (Mrs Joris), being pregnant and tired, we left early. It had been foggy all evening but with all the fireworks it was just a complete shutdown. Visibility was down to one meter, if you stood in the center of the street you could not see the sidewalks. So I had to walk ahead of the car to show where the road was. Never seen fog like that...