Ton-up Lancs

abn deuce

found this Book and thought others on the Forum might like it

the description says " Ton-up lancs: the story of the 35 RAF lancasters that each completed 100 sorties in WWII " HB update of an earlier book with additional info more photo's,new -size format 200 b/w photo's maps 224 pages no ISBN #

available from www.squadron.com $40.46 US dollars

The bomber offensive is something of a dirty word thanks to revisionists and political elements in this country with an axe to grind. When they put up a statue to Sir Arthur Harris - C in C of Bomber Command, but not the architect of 'area bombing' (not carpet bombing as described by some detractors) outside the RAF church in London some illigitimate types threw paint over it. Tossers. They choose to ignore that those men were lions. Fancy doing that trip to Germany three, four or sometimes five nights a week. It doesn't bear thinking about. There are lots of good books, and although the Dambusters thing is something of a sacred cow within the whole subject, I am really looking forward to the Jackson remake of the classic movie, dodgy dogs name or otherwise. I met an air gunner by chance in my local supermarket a couple of years ago. He'd done 20 odd trips when he was a teenager. He was a frail little fella - a real gentle looking bloke and his mrs was really pretty even in her old age, and there was a dignity about him you could cut with a knife. I thanked him and he was taken aback.