Land Rover Series II dashboard details?

Royal42

Hello all,

I am a fairly newbie at vehicle models and kits and I am currently trying to build a Series II GS, using parts from a Tamiya SAS Land Rover.  From what I can see of the kit's dashboard, the plate holding the dials looks off centre.  As such, I am trying to draw up a standard GS version of the dash, including the shelves and steering wheel in CAD for a 3D print.  The problem is that I do not have any dimensions and, when I do a googly, I only seem to find left-hand drive versions even when I put UK in the search field.

Land_Rover_109in_series_II_dash_1.jpg.29e86399c85c77da45e09514b0b70cf2.jpg

Land_Rover_109in_series_II_dash_2.jpg.309ae552ce3e20b89ecec6b271c6d925.jpg

Can anyone here please help me to identify the correct dimensions for a standard or military Land Rover Series II of the 1960s and 70s please?

cheers,
Mike

Mike, 

I believe the Tamiya lower dash is correct. The centre line of the two main instruments should align with the centre line of the vehicle. The pack appears to be off centre due to the additional switch panel on the RHS which contains the military 6 way light switch. You will just have to fabricate the upper dash panel which contains the ventilator flaps etc.

Please see picture of my conversion of the Tamiya SAS LWB into a SWB FFR. (Note the picture in the back ground is also of an FFR with an additional instrument panel on the LHS of the dash. Hope this helps 

IMG_4228.jpg

Hello Richard,

I am also a scratchbuilder and I have couple of David Parkins conversion accessories.  As I mentioned, I am fairly new to the softskin vehicles subjects and, as such, my knowledge of those subjects is equally lacking at the moment.

I have a few Land Rover kits on the go currently,  these are a mix of Italeri Series 3 109in with Tamiya Series 2 front grills and dashboards.  The Harvey Frost crane, on the left, is a scratchbuild.

Land_Rover_crash_rescue_cross-kit.jpg.b955edad48c95164050e891490d4808f.jpg

I've built up a bit of a collection of unfinished vehicles, mainly due to lack of research or detail to finish them.  I'll get them all done eventually.

my_1-35_vehicles_2.jpg.f74539688e41eac0feeacc9485102c06.jpg

my_1-35_vehicles_3.jpg.47061b33d6717ac6121c57a89f4187c4.jpg

my_1-35_vehicles_4.jpg.5480fc6ed6d2d1d04b7f900c87ea38c5.jpg

cheers,

Mike

Edited by Royal42