Photos needed for Ferret Mk2/6 with vigilant missile system

cornish model armour

Hi can anyone help me with some good quality photos of the Ferret 2/6 with the vigilant missiles on the turret. I am just about to start building one in 1/35 scale and cant seem to find any good clear pics on line, if you can help please email me at sharoton05@btinternet.com

Don't mind if pics are colour or B&W.

many thanks - Tony

Hi can anyone help me with some good quality photos of the Ferret 2/6 with the vigilant missiles on the turret. I am just about to start building one in 1/35 scale and cant seem to find any good clear pics on line, if you can help please email me at sharoton05@btinternet.com

Don't mind if pics are colour or B&W.

many thanks - Tony

Tony, I have several dozen pictures from all sorts of angles of the Bovy Ferret. But bear in mind the Bovy one is not a 2/6 it is a 2/3 with a 2/6 turret dropped on. I have some pics but of a genuine 2/6.

Also decide what Vigilants you want to display. Bovy has a 889 on one & a 897 on the other which is a bit incongruous. Furthermore one of the launch bins is an early type that is not compatable with the 2/6 set up.

Watch out because there are some FVRDE pics of Vigilant on Ferret that predate the 2/6. The FVRDE one had struts welded onto the turret & could not be elevated.

This picture any use?

http://www.ferret-fv701.co.uk/mk_2-6_vigilant.jpg

Andy

Do I espy a vertically-elongated left-hand side-bin there, presumably to accommodate a couple reloads?

Only 30 years later does it occur me that I cannot recall our Mark 5s having a similar arrangement for their Swingfires. Suddenly it seems that had the Cold War got hot, GW Troop would have spent their time going back for replens

Do I espy a vertically-elongated left-hand side-bin there, presumably to accommodate a couple reloads?

Yes you are right, that is the giveaway. The Bovy one has a spare wheel there indicating that is just a 2/3 with a 2/6 turret popped on.

I took part in a film made by SSCV for the RAC on the history of guided weapons. I got them to change the script as this Ferret was being used in the filming. I got it changed to say that this represented a Vigilant Ferret, in the real one there would have been two spare missiles where the tyre was.

There were one or two other points I wanted them to change but, the script had all been cleared by MOD as being technically correct...so what do I know? Anyway it was a good day out, I got a nice lunch, the Hornet pranced around & I got a nice video of the film.

... and the video is where exactly on HMVF TV???

;o)

Much as I would like to, it is copyright. It was a damn good film, not because the Hornet was in it, but a lot of footage of GWs including German X-7 & Hs293. Also introduced TRIGAT & touched on Orange William, Vigilant etc. It was a very professionally made film for introducing RAC AT crews into the history of GWs. I gather my experience is much like filming anywhere, be on set at 0800 then don't actually need you to do your bit until 1600. It was a half hour film made in 1995.