2023 Firearms Act bans possession of brass cases.

I was just watching a video by a firearms chap who has been following the latest anti firearm legislation that has passed through parliament.  In its current from is bans the possession of components used in ammunition manufacture.  Thus without some caveats added it bans the possession of brass cases, bullet and primers.  I’m sure it is unintended but this would ban the ownership of all wartime brass cases and inert ammo.  One to watch out for as ignorance is no excuse as we all know when it comes to an overzealous policeman.

There’s no panic , the emphasis is on “intent” which they would require to prove that your in possession of the components to produce live ammunition, powders and primers require a License ( FAC, SGC , RFD) 

The introduction of showing the licence to the RFD for powders and primers has been going on for some time, I roll my own ( have all above licences) so tend to buy in bulk , but can’t remember the last time I bought any though.

The main reason for such changes are due to Obsolete Calibre firearms being used in crimes, as Obsolete cartridge cases and bullets can be purchased, With this in mind quite a few Obsolete Calibre weapons no longer come under Section 58, 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bigduke6 said:

The main reason for such changes are due to Obsolete Calibre firearms being used in crimes, as Obsolete cartridge cases and bullets can be purchased, With this in mind quite a few Obsolete Calibre weapons no longer come under Section 58, 

Something many groups have been pointing out for a while was that a number of weapons listed as "Obsolete Calibre" (and remember that list was just a guideline and not actually part of legislation) were actually still in common use in other countries, meaning the ammunition and components to create it were still relatively easy to come across.

But yes, like previous attempts at legislation it all comes down the human element, in this case the need to prove intent.