has new hood,engine and gearbox is very good,body needs a bit of

welding here and there, but has a very strong chassis, back brakes need

attention, has pergeot diesel 2.1 engine

sounds good to me, but i need help.

if i buy it, it also comes with a divorce, so a'm told

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest catweazle (Banned Member)

Spent some time in the Hindu cush in one of these basic does the job,rusty,would i want one ,no not really prefer the cj with a proper petrol engine.Dont do it.Get divorced over something better.:-D

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Hi Stuart, post pictures!:D

I have been looking at mahindras on ebay of late as I feel the need for a small green project, an aquaintance had one some years ago which impressed me and it is definately on my list of possibles.

Is yours the ww2 willys shaped one or the later lookeylikey?

Regards rog8811

Hi Rog,

If you are interested in Mahindra Jeeps I suggest you join the 'Mahindra Registar'. There is loads of info and pictures. Basically in the early 50's Willys gave Mahindra of India licence to build the Willys CJ3-B Jeep and they still actually still make them. Most of the ones in Britain were actually put together in greece, when sold they were very much behind the latest specs and had a poor reputation. The engine in mine is a 2.1 peugeot diesel which I am informed is pretty reliable and spares fairly easy to get, the transmission is Kia/Suzuki and I believe spares may be difficult to obtain, the can suffer from the dreaded rust so will need a close inspection.

The Mahindra Registar gives loads of tech info and gives alternative parts that fit.

If you look at the CJ3-B page on the internet there is loads of info about the jeeps history around the world inc Vietnam. I will attach a picture of mine, it was originally an Indian Chief which is long wheelbase.

Regards Stewart

1.jpg