654 release form

Sam dawes

Hi all I'm currently restoring my late father's aec militant, she was brought from the previous own by my dad and sat for a few years she's never been registered and I've been told I need a 645 form from the mod, was just wondering how to get hold of one ?? Any help would be greatly appreciated many thanks Sam 

Is that possible  ?   , I have my doubts.  Normally a 645 was handed over by auctioneers or direct sales org.   When you went to a local DVLA office for first registration  - it was best to photocopy prior because once hander over at counter they never gave them back.  I suppose it was legal title to ownership along with sales receipt. So how you prove your Militant was not nicked from a Material Park - I don't know.  However I suppose 'Registered Keeper' is more important presently ,  I would try a FOIR (freedom of information request) - however I doubt if the MOD retained their copy for more than 10 years (I think this would be the legal limitation period).

I doubt you’ll get a copy of the 654, they were hand written. Your best bet to get it registered will be to have it verified by a club like the MVT. You’ll also need a NOVA. I’ve had to get one recently for a vehicle which was imported many years ago and HMRC were very helpful.

6 minutes ago, sirhc said:

I doubt you’ll get a copy of the 654, they were hand written. Your best bet to get it registered will be to have it verified by a club like the MVT. You’ll also need a NOVA. I’ve had to get one recently for a vehicle which was imported many years ago and HMRC were very helpful.

Will I still need a NOVA with her being British built and demobbed in Britain? 

8 minutes ago, Sam dawes said:

Will I still need a NOVA with her being British built and demobbed in Britain? 

Unfortunately yes. I phoned them and explained my situation, they emailed me a form to fill in. I suggest you do the same.