Wanted - WS22 Handcart tyres

Rob Abbott

All

I'm in the process of restoring a WS 22 Handcart and the challenge now is Tyres. As with everything British wartime dated, the tyres are a strange size. I have one very battered non usable original which is marked Dunlop carrier - 14x2.5 inches - to fit an 11 inch rim. 

If anyone has anything or knows of a source please let me know. 

Many thanks

Rob

P.S. - As my wife has already told me on numerous occasions, I should have collected stamps or coins, it would have been so much easier.........

Hmm, something electric-scooter-ey may be an option but they tend to be about a 10" rim rather than 11".

I'll keep an eye out though. I was in the same boat with a compressor trolley but managed to very very gently remove the tyre and fit a fresh tube inside it.

Alec.

Thanks Alex

Yes agreed. Kids bike/scooter most likely option. Have tried a couple down that route already but still looking. As you say it's therein size that's the killer. 

I may end up having to fit some different wheels but don't want to unless abso!hugely necessary. 

In any event I appreciate the assistance. 

All the best

Rob