Jubilee memorabilia anyone?

matchlesswdg3

Postie delivered a box containing a cup, saucer and plate which my wife won in a competition, they are all marked 'The Platinum Jubbly of Queen Elizabeth II'. Apparently the entire batch of over ten thousand were printed incorrectly in China.

• Haha 1

On 6/1/2022 at 10:45 PM, radiomike7 said:

Postie delivered a box containing a cup, saucer and plate which my wife won in a competition, they are all marked 'The Platinum Jubbly of Queen Elizabeth II'. Apparently the entire batch of over ten thousand were printed incorrectly in China.

Defo a 'Lubbley, Jubbley' there then Mike! 😄

After seeing that HM has a marmalade sandwich in her handbag I would believe anything.

Joking aside I had an impromptu meeting with HM at Windsor Castle in 1969 while installing a juke box based sound system for a party that was laid on for the four princes/princess every year, it involved me swearing at a royal Corgi that was tugging at my shirt and giving it a backhander only to see HM grinning from ear to ear. She took the trouble to come over and engage in conservation and later the two younger princes appeared and were concerned that they would not be able to play their music of choice as they didn't get any pocket money.

• Like 2