Q's on shorland parts

tyler

Can anyone answer the following:

*Are the shocks standard or heavy duty?

*Are the rad hoses on the 2.6Ltr engine in the Shorland the same as the hoses in a standard 2.6 landy?

*Are the front rubber brake hoses the same as on a standard LWB landy?

*What engine/gbox/diff oil should i use?

*Is there a book with all the details about the engine in it (e.g. a Hanyes manual)?

*Where can I get the front anti roll bar rubber mounts from?

*Where can I any of get the front susspension rubbers from (are they the same as on any other landys)?

Thanks.

Tyler.

Can anyone tell me what colour base coat was applied to the shorlands before painting, as I have discovered a White coat of paint under the 5 other coats of greens, also if anyone knows where I can find some front light guards please.

Thanks.

Tyler.

The basic vehicle as supplied by Land Rover was generally grey or white. The official regime for British post war AFVs was red oxide primer, Dark Admiralty Gret undercoat then 2 coats of high gloss DBG. The primer is easy enough to get & the undercoat is usually for sale at shows for £10 or so a tin.

I don't know what colour finish green Shorts would have supplied to the Army. Mine was painted Rustoleum Green (Satin) but that was supplied to the Ministry of Home Affairs not the Army.

But yours would have NATO IRR Green exterior sometimes with disruptive black sometimes not.