Utube WW1

flandersflyer

I really do not like these colourized photos.  How do they know that the colours used are the correct ones. Look at the soil in the very first photo of the blokes coming over the sandbags.  There is no way that all the soil shown in the photo would be all the same colour.  The pigeon truck would most likely to have been grey not green as service green did not come out until early 1916 so who is right with that one.   .  Not only that but too much detail is lost in the colourizing process.  

13 hours ago, lynx42 Rick Cove said:

I really do not like these colourized photos.  How do they know that the colours used are the correct ones. Look at the soil in the very first photo of the blokes coming over the sandbags.  There is no way that all the soil shown in the photo would be all the same colour.  The pigeon truck would most likely to have been grey not green as service green did not come out until early 1916 so who is right with that one.   .  Not only that but too much detail is lost in the colourizing process.  

I couldn't agree more.  So much depends on the colouriser knowing his stuff - and the chap who did these, doesn't - hence, also, the "Tommies" in field grey (despite the obvious kilt) and the brown boots - when they should be black - probably an American did it as they wore brown.  It's OK for our generation because, generally, we know the limitations, but, a few generations down the line and people will be convinced that they are accurate.  It doesn't take long as, already, there is quite a lot of uncertainty about exactly what the various colours of wartime British military vehicles were and modellers still can't buy them - they have to mix their own.