Austin K5 ZD Trafficator

DaveR100

Does anyone have details of the what the  lever looked like for raising the mechanical trafficator on the metal cab? I am pretty certain the pivot for the arm is the same as the one used on the wood framed cab but have no details of the lever used. Any info or a photo welcome.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Radek

Thank you for your reply. This the type and position used on the YN model with a wooden cab though the pivot "hinge" is not as long. For the ZD the positioning is on the near side just in front the door hinge and just below the windscreen line. It is exactly the same position as used on the QL

Radek/Mogmanor

Many thanks for your trouble on this and my apologies for the time taken for me to respond. In the photo of the K5 and MW, the K5 has the trafficator in the position used on the YN model. However it provides further evidence that the rear tilt is not tailored but is a flat sheet tarpaulin. Also it indicates another practice where the post '49 "registration" number is applied in the same location as a preceding census number. I would speculate this dates from 1949 or very early '50's before the army decided to treat these as standard registration numbers. With your permission I would like to download and keep a copy of the photo.

Radek, the photos are of the assembly I am missing. Could you post one with enough dimensions so I can fabricate one. (I see little chance of finding one.) The knob on the end also is very close in profile to the yellow one on a series Land Rover. 

Again my thanks and regards to you both

Mogmaner

I would like to see the other photo. One issue I have yet to sort out (but is long way down the line) is the eyelets. All now use metal ones but as you know a lot of vehicle canvas was made by sail makers and that leads to the question of eyelets v sail makers eyes (effectively sewn button holes).