Dodge WC11 / WC42 drivers seat mounting

Keith-wc42

Question

I am looking for info/pics of the drivers seat adjusting mechanism/mounts.

My Dad sadly passed away earlier this year and i am now trying to finish off his WC42 that he left to me. (Its not for sale and won't be)

The tilting passenger seat is bolted into the drivers position and the drivers seat is in the passengers position just resting on a wooden block (not very safe for my passengers).

In my Dads photos, he has named them correctly...ie photos of the drivers seat he has named passenger seat, so he must not have had the sliding mounting system for the drivers seat and no way to fasten it into position.

Attached are a couple of photos. One shows the tilted up passenger seat thats bolted onto the drivers seat mounts. The other is the loose drivers seat.

Does anyone have any photos of the missing sliding mounting sytem for this seat?

016.JPG

036.JPG

7 answers to this question

This is another style of military Dodge adjustable seat, but think the adjuster is similar, going to be a diificult part to find in the uk, ..you will have to fabricate some brackets to mount the seat in a fixed position as per the first pic

193E256C-F7B6-4709-8608-FC297851D6FF_1_105_c.jpeg

Edited by Nick Johns

There is a wrinkle here, but I don't remember the answer.  The original WC 42 I assisted with many years ago ( since parted out - bits went to Manchester ) had a bucket seat for the driver and I'm sure the same for the passenger.  There was a canvas curtain across the back of the 'cab' with a roll up centre flap as it was to assist with the blackout, like the curtains the rear windows.

I think you need two single bucket seats for a WC 42, and the single bucket / large tilt setup is for the WC 11 van maybe?

Thanks for your reply Nick.

Gordon, i would imagine both the wc42 and wc11 drivers and passenger seats would have been the same.

It looks like the end result here will be copying the passenger seat mounts and fitting them to the drivers seat, ending up with both seats tilting forwards and no adjustment in the drivers seat.

I need to get this passenger seat (which is actually the drivers seat) sorted out though....Someone let me out of a junction today and when i set off my wife almost ended up doing a backflip in her seat.

I've found a photo of the drivers seat adjustable seat mechanism now amongst my Dads photos.

Its just a simple rod that passes through the floor mounts. The rod has a cog on each end which fit within those tracks at each side of the seat bottom. You would tilt the seat forward/up to move the rod into the desired notch in the center of the seat bottom.

To be honest i don't like the look of it safety wise so i will have the passenger seat mounts copied and use those.

6 hours ago, Keith-wc42 said:

I've found a photo of the drivers seat adjustable seat mechanism now amongst my Dads photos.

Its just a simple rod that passes through the floor mounts. The rod has a cog on each end which fit within those tracks at each side of the seat bottom. You would tilt the seat forward/up to move the rod into the desired notch in the center of the seat bottom.

To be honest i don't like the look of it safety wise so i will have the passenger seat mounts copied and use those.

Any clues as to the drivers / passengers seat differences?  I take it the photo is of another original?

Both seats are the same.

You can see here in this photo that the brackets on the passenger seat could just unscrew and the drivers seat "track" mounts could be put in place of them. Same with the strip that runs down the center of the drivers seat (the strip with the notches in it for position adjustment).

seats.jpg