Centurion Temperature Gauge & Sender

SimonBrown

For longer than I can remember a Centurion main engine temperature gauge and sender has been in the garage "just in case".

Its the bourdon tube type with its malleable pipe coiled. Best bit - it still works when I tested it at the weekend.

This is new old stock and is free to anyone who a) owns a Cent and b) needs it. Happy to see it go to a good home than languish in my garage (the chances of me owning a Cent are...nil) and would prefer to see it operational or a ready spare for a resto or runner.

Having fitted a replacement one of these a long time ago I can attest to the amount of work needed...

SB-0377.jpg

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, DINGODOUG said:

Hi Simon, I have a friend who is restoring an AVRE and needs this item amongst many others. He doesn't do the internet so wonder if I could pass on his email address if you still have it. regards Doug Matheson

Hi Doug - a Centurion AVRE?

Yes, absolutely - please pass on his email address. 

Knowing its an AVRE might mean a visit in person rather than relying on post - depending on location.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 6/4/2021 at 2:43 PM, SimonBrown said:

Hi Doug - a Centurion AVRE?

Yes, absolutely - please pass on his email address. 

Knowing its an AVRE might mean a visit in person rather than relying on post - depending on location.

Hi,

Can I assume you have AVRE knowledge, any help or contacts would be greatly appreciated?

My friend has acquired an AVRE on the Isle of Wight and he is looking for parts and documents, ISPL. EMERS 

I think the reg is 12BA55

Thanks in advance

Dave S

Hi Dave, sorry but I have limited knowledge of Centurions, it is my friend Peter Thompson who owns one and a cent arv. All I have by way of publications is a ISPL for an early gun tank and a servicing schedule. The Tank Museum have copies of the Centurion Haynes Manual which is cheap and gives some insight into running the Cent. Let me know if I can help further. Doug.

Hi Doug,

Thank you for the update, is Peter on this forum? we may need some help.

I am an ex REMI Inst Tech so can sort all the sighting system for the vehicle, we are just going to need some help with the mechanicals and electrical side. I assume the ISPL would be the same for the hull and running gear?

Thanks again

Dave S