Dunlop Saddle

Ron

Today I've been working on a Dunlop saddle that I acquired last week for one of my WD C10's. For starters, the original frame was too big in both directions, so I did some cutting, forming, welding. My nice Dunlop badge that I've been looking after for a few years went on with copper rivets, then the ally rivets for the rubber cover. I used an old 1/4" clutch push rod, ground a point on it and heated it red hot to burn the holes through. Drilling doesn't work!! I then formed and drilled the mounting plates that attach to the springs  ........Fettling and Fitting tomorrow hopefully.  Ron

DSCF3646.JPG

DSCF3647.JPG

DSCF3654.JPG

DSCF3649.JPG

• Like 3

I've fitted the new rubber saddle to my KC10 and moved the one that was on it over to my WC10. After much research and studying pictures and parts lists I have fitted the KC10 saddle in a much lower position than the WC10.....With its nose tucked into the tank recess. The difference between them in height is about 2". I'm really chuffed with the outcome.  Ron

DSCF3655.JPG

DSCF3656.JPG

DSCF3651.JPG

DSCF3659.JPG

• Like 2

• 2 years later...