RAF AIR78

Rootes75

I am researching my Fathers Uncle, he served in the RAF during the second World War. I have a photo of him in his RAF uniform, I have a copy of his index card on AIR78.

The one thing I am stumped on is an abbreviation on the bottom of his card, it is 'PSH'?

I have had a Google and found some very useful sites that contain listed abbreviations but none show 'PSH', does anyone have any ideas?

I have a rather heavy book, Manual of Administration in the Royal Air Force 1943. It has long lists of administrative Air Publications, Forms & other documents. But I am unable to find any reference to AIR78. Is there any more printed information you can share? A lot of these documents cover various stages in training & career which also are different for airmen & officers.

Pinning down the exact type of document might help with PSH & I am very confused about MILITIA at the top.

From my previous research the Militia at the top is a reference to them being in the service before the war, I have been advised that in this case it was with the ATC.

I have found the AIR 78 record at the National Archives.