German data plates

Salty

3 hours ago, Salty said:

1944 wc 51 I purchased has German dataplates on dash.Did dodge sell to the Germans.

No they didn’t, probably rebuilt post war in Germany or possibly ex Swiss Army but I’m not sure if they used Dodges. As Adrian says, photos would help

9 hours ago, Salty said:

So how do you think it got back over here. Do you know how we get build card.

Here’s a link to a page with the address to write to for a copy of your build card. You’ll need proof of ownership and pay a fee. It’s ten years since I got mine so the procedure may have changed. https://www.command-car.com/technik/technikbuildcards.html
If your truck has come from Switzerland it’ll have been painted dark grey at some time, if there’s no sign of that chances are that it’s not Swiss. Check your tyres as well, the make can sometimes help with where the truck came from. Mine came from Norway but the French Army also used them

5 hours ago, beepbeep said:

Here’s a link to a page with the address to write to for a copy of your build card. You’ll need proof of ownership and pay a fee. It’s ten years since I got mine so the procedure may have changed. https://www.command-car.com/technik/technikbuildcards.html
If your truck has come from Switzerland it’ll have been painted dark grey at some time, if there’s no sign of that chances are that it’s not Swiss. Check your tyres as well, the make can sometimes help with where the truck came from. Mine came from Norway but the French Army also used them

Tires are bf goodrich.Thanks for your help.

On 12/20/2020 at 4:39 PM, Salty said:

Tires are bf goodrich.Thanks for your help.

That’s ok. I’ve just realised from your spelling of tyres, you’re in the US? If so a lot of ‘European Returns’ have made their way back over the years. Your tyres may have been fitted in Europe but hard to tell, I’ve got Norwegian retread Goodyear’s on my Dodge and Swiss made Firestones on my GMC. Would be interesting to see some photos of your truck